Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Kathryn's Hols - Day 5 - Onwards to Yosemite!

Not much time to chill out before we had to pack for the rest of our journey, leaving minden now. We had a breakfast at Bently and I introduced Kathryn to my workplace (I think she was impressed, especially with the breakfast).

So, after some faff (on my part) we eventually got our stuff together and rushed for Yosemite Lodge, 3 hours down the road. We had heard that Tioga Pass would shut at 5pm and had to move it to get there for then. We got there at 4.45 - 15 minutes later and we would have needed to retrace our steps for 2 hours and then do another 4 hours of driving!

We were a little late going across the high passes of northern yosemite to really enjoy them but we were glad to eventually get to Yosemite Lodge and get checked in (though even during this low season it was hard to park). We had a nice meal at The Mountain Room restaurant at Yosemite Lodge. Not cheap but excellent food and really good service and hiking advice from our waiter. In fact, several unlikely people gave us lots of good hiking advice (the guy running the gift shop was similar).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home