Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, October 28, 2005

More Bear Thoughts...

Doug and Alex saw a bear on their walk up Yosemite Falls the day after I left them at Yosemite, it was number 34! I'm not sure how well they slept in the tent that night!

Kyle has fed me another bear story today. Apparently a 500lb bear has been breaking into houses around Lake Tahoe and they finally shot it yesterday.

As I've been planning my week off with Kathryn (who arrives today) I had wondered how active the bears were at the moment. We're staying in a cabin by Spooner Lake and it s a very bear filled area so we could well get visitors. However, I figured the bears would be probably winding down for the winter anyway - how wrong could I be? Here's what the article Kyle sent said...

At least one other bear in the area is believed responsible for some recent break-ins, and with bears now roaming and munching up to 20 hours a day as they fatten up for the winter, the problem is probably not completely resolved, Bryant said.

Hmm, we were also planning on going camping in Yosemite, in the north part of the park where I understand the bears are particularly active at the moment. Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home