Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Monday, September 05, 2005

bought a bike! LeMond Versaille

Haven't felt that great all weekend but on Sunday decided to do something about my dreams of buying a road bike. I started doing some proper research on the kind of models of bike that would suit lightweight touring and long distances in the saddle - known in Europe as Audax bikes or Cyclosportif. Too late in the day I found the website for College Cyclery a bike store in Reno, who I heard were good and when I called, discovered that they had several interesting bikes there from Specialized (including the Roubaix), Bianchi and LeMond.

I arrived at the store at 3pm and they shut at 4pm so I didn't have a lot of time to check out the bikes. Well, I didn't think I did but they stayed open until 6pm for me! I tried a handful of bikes and liked the LeMond Versaille the best, in the 59cm frame. I thought I would prefer a huge frame but in the end found those a bit too reachy for some reason. If you are interested in the details, it's frame is a part carbon fibre and part steel and it had Shimano Ultegra stuff on it, which is very slick!

So, I now have my steed for next weekend's Tour De Tahoe, 70miles around the lake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home