Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Fahrenheit 9/11

Blockbuster only seems to have the first X-files series so I had to watch something else instead. Decided to educate myself about Fahrenheit 9/11.

I don't much care for Michael Moore. He seems to get some excellent information but he seems at times quite dishonest and manipulative about how he uses it. I'm sure you can snip out clips of Bush doing just about anything and juxtapose it with something which just looks bad, whether or not it actually is bad. I felt pretty much the same about his book, 'Stupid White Men'. He seems to have enough nuggets but he presents them in such a way to make himself seem desperate and lacking in credibility. I wish Andrew Marr or Jeremy Paxman had made the film.

Picking through what appear to be the facts presented seemed pretty disturbing enough without the camera games and cutaways to Bush playing golf.

I've watched the film twice now and it seems eerily like Huxley's 'A Brave New World' in places.

The war on Iraq as portrayed, seems a very dark undertaking indeed. Very depressing. I feel like I've been particularly stupid to not really fully accept that the whole thing is about oil and very rich people protecting their own interests.

Paxman/Marr - please remake this so I know which bits to really believe. Sadly Moore lacks some credibility, which is a great shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home