Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Birthday Meal

Went to restaurant with my Dad, Doug and Alex and Kathryn. Dad had got me a trophy to commemerate my Death Ride success and Doug proudly presented me with a nasal and ear hair trimming device (sadly useful at my age). I'm particularly pleased by the latter gift because the flood gates are truely torn off now when it comes to birthday presents!

I was also pleased to get some photos of people as I'd asked for, to decorate my house in Nevada. Doug of course only provided extremely cool photos of himself, though I have other sources from past times, when fashions once considered extremely cool have somewhat aged! How I await the postman for that little package to arrive.

PS Dad didn't get the comment about the hair trimmer so I am to assume that this must not be from that genetic side of things. I had until then assumed that everyone reached the point of super normal hair growth from nose and ears at the age of thirty something (though I naturally realised it is probably only me who notices this in the aircraft 'restroom' 30 minutes before landing at the airport and being reunited with my girlfriend!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home