Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Pickles with that?

The girls in the restaurant routinely impress me with their worldy knowledge of the English. After making my fresh sandwich, to order, they ask if I would like a pickle to go with it. This is some kind of Gerkin or something. Everytime, when I politely decline, they smile knowingly and tell me that English people don't like pickles!

Of course there is very little food I don't like, but there is a time and a place for pickles surely. Pickles are not an accompanyment to a fantastic scooby snack of a fresh made sandwich, they are more to be enjoyed swimming in vingear alongside fish and chips.

Oh maybe with olives and humous sitting on the health! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home