Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

British 10k run - Carrying a 4ft inflatable banana

I wasn't feeling fully fit on race day (Sunday) so decided to give up the notion of going really fast and instead do a bit more PR for Fairtrade. I did the whole 10k run carrying a 4ft inflatable banana. I made it home in a time of 53m33s. This is my best time for a 10k carrying an inflatable banana but I do think I could go quicker in this event - race ettiquette on the day was very poor with nobody recognising the 'overtaking on the left' rule.

All good fun and surprising not too painful to carry a 4ft inflatable banana!

Thanks for all the sponsorship!

Carl
http://www.justgiving.com/carlmyhill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home