Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

High point of the weekend - giggling

Weekends looking after Sol, who likes being carried most of the time, can be pretty intense, especially with a bad back.

On Sunday afternoon I had him sitting in a cardboard box on the spare bed, well, it's my bed really. He loves sitting in cardboard boxes, especially when I make them into Star Trek shuttle craft. Anyway, I was putting my washing away and despairing about the lack of pairs of socks. So I started chucking them over my shoulder and onto the bed.

The little man sat amid a shower of socks and pants and giggled his head off. It's really cool to make a small person chuckle. And then it is really quite something that he figured out for himself that something funny was going on. I wasn't even laughing myself, I was just throwing socks and pants around but he found it very entertaining.

My boy chuckling has got to be one of my favourite things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home