Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Zion National Park

There's lots to do in Southern Utah. Zion is less than an hour from St George so Erin took me there to show me around.

We picked up a couple of knarly climbers just outside the park. They had set out to climb a peak but had got a bit lost and climbed something else. They had been out there 3 days and didn't look as if they'd had much to drink for a while. Needless to say they were very pleased to get a lift back to their car.

We took the bus through the park (you can't drive it) and eventually got off at the Angel's Landing stop and hiked up there. Erin had told me it's and exposed scramble at the top, assisted with chains. She's done a lot of hard climbing so I wasn't quite sure how bad it would be, though as we climbed up we saw kids coming down so I hoped it wouldn't be too bad.

In the event it wasn't too bad at all and there was an amazing view from up there.

IMGP1614

1 Comments:

At 6:38 am, Blogger Kaia said...

beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home