Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Man sitting at a station

I was chatting to a friend today and she came out with this, which I think is neat.

There is an old man sitting at a station. A train pulls in and some people get off. They say to him, "what are the people like here?". He asks, "what we're the people like where you came from?". They said, "not so great". He said, "you'll find them the same here".

A second train pulls in. Someone gets off and says to him, "what are the people like here?". He asks, "what were the people like where you came from?". He says, "They were great". The old man says, "you'll find them the same here."

I like this, very much. It is a very good reminder. Have I finally found an optimist who makes sense to me?

1 Comments:

At 3:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How true is that!! Great story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home