Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

my birthday - 37

Had my birthday in The Netherlands this year. Odd how being in Europe feels like being home, even in The Netherlands. It felt nice to be well understood by locals again!


Had a nice day cycling around and ending up in a nice restaurant on the beach quite far from Delft but we got back ok and loved the cycling because the cycle paths are so nice. The restaurant was very quite due to the bad weather of the weekend but the evening was quite sunny all the same. Last night we ate at a French restaurant eating rather nice fish, with extremely good service. The waiter gave us lots of tips on where to get bikes from and where to go on them, so that's pretty much what we did on my birthday!

Pretty nicely designed bike racks too (sorry - I'm a bit of a bicycling bore!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home