Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Arrived back in UK for quick visit

Arrived back to the UK after a nice flight. Actually an amazing flight from Reno to LA - right over Minden, work, my house, etc. Had great views of Lake Tahoe and got some idea of the huge wilderness between us and the west coast. You could hike for weeks out there and not see a human I'm sure. Beautiful flight, if rather bumpy as the small plane try to escape the mountains around here.

Flight from LA was good too, and I even slept. And it landed ahead of schedule. Everything going to plan until right at the last minute the pilot mentioned we had landed at terminal 3 - my ticket said terminal 4 (thanks ebookers!). So, another 30 minutes before I met Kathryn. I soon found out why the train connecting the terminals was so delayed, more bombs in London. Well, we found out on the way back through the london traffic (which is bloody scarey after driving in the US). As we got to Sheppard's Bush there was a bus conductor conducting the traffic, and many buses pulled over at the side of the road. Turns out one of the bombs was right there at Sheppard's Bush but luckily only the detonator went off this time.

So, welcome home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home