Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Presents, baby, names and work

All kinds of people are sending us presents for our new baby adventure. Some have been hand knitted (thanks Mum), a couple have come in boxes from the USA, a pannier full were 'real nappies' - we've had all kinds of things and are extremely grateful for the thoughtfulness and consideration of those that know better than us about babies. I'm least of all impressed with the baby snot removing device but despite that we really must get some thank you cards written.

We still don't have a name for the baby yet but secretly we think it shall be Solomon and indeed that is what we call him already. This is likely to be shortened to Sol, which of course means Sun to most hippies and Spanish people! The official name means 'man of peace' or something and he is quite chilled out unless he has a nappy full or is hungry so this seems appropriate too.

My first week back at work last week. Mostly I've been on the go for 19 hours a day, including 25 miles of cycling across London (which I love) and 2 hours on the train. Being at work though has been quite fun, especially since my project is pretty decent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home