Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Sienna is a super star!

This is not really a secret but Sienna really is being a total star. I don't think I could be on this trail without her behind the scenes efforts. She has organized guys at work to come and get me off the trail should anything crop up back home. I reckon she could have me on a plane back to the UK within 48 hours if necessary which is pretty impressive given how remote I've been. She has dealt with my family when things did crop up back home. Bought me some new shoes - her husband Scott was right all along, Montrail Hard Rocks have proved to be really great on this hike.

On thursday Sienna managed to juggle leading a work trip in Yosemite of about 15 people; leading a short hike to Soda Springs; getting the kids to Junior Ranger training, meeting me at Tuolumne Meadows (near the food!) without my phone working and organize camping for the night the other side of Yosemite. It was really great to see her and all the folks from GE. Some of the kids were especially funny.

She also bought me some stuff from my lock-up garage and some excellent treats from Trader Joes including a bag of apples (1.5lbs - ate the first day we hiked off); 2 salads (cranberry one was awesome); Guava roll-ups (3 packets); Chocolate covered sunflower seeds (finishing them up really cheered Basil up when he was having a tough moment with his poorly foot and was feeling a bit down. He got to the top of a pass and said all he was thinking about were those chocolate sunflower seeds!); Chai Tea (which we cooked up one day as we swam in a lovely pool) and Trail Bars. I arrived at town in Bridgeport with just Oatmeal and a tiny bit of Chai tea left. I have been eating much better but the waist on my rucksack has now run out of adjustment so I have maybe lost a bit more weight.

Anyhow - HUGE THANKS SIENNA FOR SUPPORTING MY TRIP AND FOR DOING MY BLOG!!!!

Litsl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home