Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Alta Alpina Annual Dinner - And my trophy!

The Alta Alpina annual dinner was great. It's nice to be part of such a well organized club full of great people. Throughout the year club members do things from putting on race series to running The Death Ride - an impressive bunch.

I had dinner with Pike, Cindy, Taylor and Jeff. After dinner they handed out the prizes, including my first place for winning the wednesday night race series in category C. Jeff came second but he missed a lot of races early in the season where I was picking up points. Most often he would beat me when we raced, though the margins diminished over the season apart from the Time Trials, which he would crush me on every time.

I'm very pleased with the trophy though. It looks great and I feel that I really earned it - there were lots of great riders in the Cs.

Alta Alpina - Season Winners in C's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home