Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Meeting my MP - David Howarth - Regarding Allotment Provision

Most people find it funny that I chose to spend Friday night meeting my MP rather than going down the pub like everyone else. I believe that getting local food growing on the agenda is one of the most important things I have done this year and was very pleased to get some great support from David Howarth - who has even signed our allotment petition.

I feel like a kid with trading cards or something since my petition now has 2 heavyweights on it, David Howarth and Tony Juniper, former head of Friends of the Earth.

I am really grateful to Transition Towns and my friends in the Cambridge Transition Towns initiative, to be providing a framework for us to take some of these issues forward. I was really pleased that Colin Clews from the Transition Towns Food Group came along to meet David Howarth with me, and that Dave Fox has put together such comprehensive research regarding the allotment situation in Cambridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home