Bubble in the desert

A blog I started whilst on a GE "Bubble" assignment in Nevada. I'm back in Cambridge (UK) now but still miss the desert and my friends out there.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday. desert again but chris and linda came to meet us. awesome.

Climbed out of rocky perch early ascending 1000 ft in cool shade. catra already gone since she smelt the barn. 18 miles away we were to meet her friends chris Rios and linda dewees. i stomped on alone. one portion of the day was on a jeep trail through a burnt forest. merciless in the heat and went on for miles with little shade. when i finally cleared it and found a tree i put down the new piece of tarp that fellow hiker wren gave me, and slept for 20 minutes. An easy 10 miles later i was greeted by chris and linda with loads of food. an awesome spread. chris even got me a new foam mat to sleep on. i first met these guys at my first ultra in ridgecrest last december. probably the best organised and friendliest races i have done. wonderful people and chris bought the best salsa I have ever had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home